QUILTING MACHINE FREE MOTION COSTS:
These are the prices I offer for free motion quilting (meandering) on my Grace Frame with my mid-arm quilting machine. I only offer meandering at this price. I do sometimes offer limited pantograph designs, but since my quilting machine is “Barb powered” and not computerized, it takes me much longer to do a quilt. My quilting is quality work and I feel that you will be pleased with the results.
Price is $1 per inch. Measure the top and a side of your quilt, multiply the two together, and get your total. (Example -70″ x 90″ = 63 inches total, so the price for quilting will be $63.00.) I do not quilt King quilts. A Queen size 90-ish” wide is the most I can do.
1. Please make sure your fabric backing and quilt top are both thoroughly pressed.
2. You will need to provide the cotton batting. Please do not provide polyester batting. The batting will need to measure a minimum of 4″ extra on each side of the quilt top.
3. Please make sure that your backing measures a minimum of 6″ extra on each side of the quilt top. DO NOT use a bed sheet please!
4. Please provide two spools of Star Cotton Thread – 1500 yd. each in the color of your choice, or a thread of equal quality and yardage. I use one for the quilting, and one for winding bobbins. This way I do not have to un-thread my machine if I need to rewind bobbins. I will return the threads to you when I am finished meandering your quilt, or you may choose to leave them with me for no charge. JoAnn Fabrics carries Star Thread.
5. I will leave your quilt untrimmed along the outside border edges when I am finished meandering.